Olivier Giroud would be open to a move to Tottenham from Chelsea this month.
The 33-year-old wants to stay in London and Spurs are interested in signing him, according to Sky in Italy.
Tottenham have held talks to sign AC Milan forward Krzysztof Piatek and Real Sociedad’s Willian Jose so far this month but have been unable to agree a deal for either player.
- Hertha start bidding for Spurs target Piatek
- Eriksen: Hopefully we meet again, Spurs fans
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Spurs, who on Wednesday signed Steven Bergwijn from PSV Eindhoven, are in the market for a striker after Harry Kane’s injury on New Year’s Day forced him to stay on the sidelines until April at least. Giroud has made just seven appearances for Chelsea this season in all competitions.
Inter Milan were keen on bringing Giroud to the San Siro this month but are now considering pulling out of the deal as, following the arrival of Christian Eriksen, they are concerned their squad would be too big.
Inter are still keen for Giroud to commit to signing for them in the summer when his contract at Chelsea expires.
How to follow the January transfer window with Sky Sports
Sky Sports will bring you the very latest news from the January transfer market with the return of three shows.
- Find out more about Sky Sports
- Sign up for PL goal alerts
Start your day with Good Morning Transfers at 9am as our team of reporters bring you the latest news and insight. Transfer Talk then follows at midday delivering analysis of the biggest stories. Then join us at 7pm for the definitive round-up of the day’s news with The Transfer Show.
Meanwhile, the Transfer Talk podcast will also be back at the turn of the year with more expert analysis from here and across the continent.
And as well as tuning into Sky Sports News, don’t miss a thing with our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.